[TYPO3-english] Magento - Typo3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:45:43 CEST 2009

Hi!

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> what you are writing there sounds nice, but it's really a bad thing for
> TYPO3.
> TYPO3 shouldn't be hard to administer at all!!! If TYPO3 is hard to
> administer then more and more
> people will not use TYPO3 but a other system because of the complexity
> and only
> a 'elite' group will be left over that know TYPO3 well enough to create
> websites under.

Firsts, I did not write anywhere it should be hard to administer TYPO3 :) I am a big fan of simplicity and I am trying to do my best to simplify TYPO3 for both developers and users.

Secondly, I see many servers that are not optimized for TYPO3 at all. Or, in general, many servers that are not optimized to serve web content efficiently. It is not really TYPO3 related because any web application will benefit from the optimization I talk about.

It all comes to knowledge and skills of system administrators. It is not common to see that someone decided to have his own server but could not set up it properly. It happens very often. And next people say that TYPO3 is too heavy. They are trying to run TYPO3 with a parking break on the server. Then they complain about TYPO3 speed...

> We should place (at least try to) TYPO3 as a enterprise CMS, but we
> shouldn't
> add the complexities around it, something that is really not needed.

I fully agree!

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/is-google-analytics-reliable.html