[TYPO3-english] Magento - Typo3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed May 6 07:14:40 CEST 2009

Hi!

Andreas Becker wrote:
> There is also Presta Shop which is 100% OpenSource and free. OSL v. 3. But
> the biggest benefit in Presta Shop is its size 6MB  - it is very fast and
> lightwight and you don't need those huge server specs like you would need
> running Magento and TYPO3 on one server. Check it out! The Presta Shop
> community is growing more and more and quite fast since Magento introduced
> their Business Modell with the very Expensive Enterprise Edition.

The question is how it compares to Magento. There is a huge number of shops but Magento beats all of them that I know.

I run several active TYPO3 installations on two separate servers. Servers have to be optimized. This is a science. Without optimization it can be hard to run even a single TYPO3 instance. So in many cases it all comes to good administration skills and knowledge :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/reviews/magento-beginners-guide-by-william-rice.html