[TYPO3-english] How to generate automated alt attributes for images?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Jun 30 09:32:52 CEST 2009

Victor Livakovsky kirjoitti:

>> Hi,
>> I want to ask if there is a way to generate automated alt attributes
>> for img tags - for example this alt attribute to be image name or
>> something similar?
>>
> I'm also looking for a solution.
> As I can see from "css styled content" template, images alts are stored
> at 'tt_content.image.20.1.altText' which is TEXT content elemnt. But
> somehow such doesn't work for me:
> tt_content.image.20.1.altText.override.value = overrided alt
>
> And such also:
> tt_content.image.20.1.altText >
> tt_content.image.20.1.altText = TEXT
> tt_content.image.20.1.altText.value = default alt
>
> Does anyone has an idea about what am I doing wrong?
>
> Thank you in advance.

in general using som xxx.dataWrap adds field information {field:xxx}
That works fine getting field information from the table 'pages' into
TEXT and TMENU and other menu objects.

Maybe some dataWrap could be applied to get field information also from
the table 'tt_content'. I don't know, if that is possible but try to
find aswer, it that is possible.