[TYPO3-english] How to generate automated alt attributes for images?

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Thu Jun 25 15:14:07 CEST 2009

> Hi,
> I want to ask if there is a way to generate automated alt attributes for
> img tags - for example this alt attribute to be image name or something
> similar?

I'm also looking for a solution.
As I can see from "css styled content" template, images alts are stored
at 'tt_content.image.20.1.altText' which is TEXT content elemnt. But
somehow such doesn't work for me:
tt_content.image.20.1.altText.override.value = overrided alt

And such also:
tt_content.image.20.1.altText >
tt_content.image.20.1.altText = TEXT
tt_content.image.20.1.altText.value = default alt

Does anyone has an idea about what am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.