[TYPO3-english] tt_news and RSS problems

StephenBungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 22 16:12:06 CEST 2009

I have the following storage folder setup:

Storage
 - Templates
  -- AP Objects
  -- Ext Configs
 - News
 -- Normal
 --- 2008 - 2009
 -- Cat folder 1
 -- Cat folder 2
 -- Cat folder 3

My RSS PAGE object is this:

### XML ###
### --- ###

xmlnews = PAGE
xmlnews {
  typeNum = 100
  10 >
  10 < plugin.tt_news
  10.pid_list >
  # 674 is the News folder.
  10.pid_list = 674
  10.recursice = 10
  10.singlePid = 402
  10.defaultCode = XML
  10.useSubCategories = 1
  #10.displaySubCategories = 0
  #10.categoryMode = 1
  #10.categoryMode = -2
  #10.categorySelection = 133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140
  #10.categorySelection = 58,66,103,104

  config {
    disableAllHeaderCode = 1
    additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/xml
    no_cache = 1
    xhtml_cleaning = 0
  }
}

Categories are stored in the 'Storage' folder. There is one root category
and, all other news for the site is a subcategory of the root (or deeper).

I really just want a feed with news from folder Normal (and subfolders) so
that the contents of the three Cat folder folders is not included.
When I set 10.pid_list to 'storage' or 'news' I see the rss feed, with the
news in the cat folder folders which I don't want. However, if I specify
'Normal' folder or '2008-2009' as the pid_list, so as to exclude the folders
I don't want checked, then there is an error displayed:

'XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Kein Element gefunden
Adresse: http://www.nanoeconomics.net/index.php?id=391&type=100
Zeile Nr. 1, Spalte 1:'

if I reomve the hashes in front of the following:

  10.categoryMode = -2
  10.categorySelection = 133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140

According to the tt_news manual, -2 should not display any news that has the
categories specified in category selection: 133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140.
These are the categories that get stored in the 'Cat folder' folders. This
also produces the error, no matter what pid:list ID's I specify. Setting
10.categoryMode to 1 and leaving the cat ID's:
133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140 shows an rss feed with just the articles I
don't want in my feed. I even tried selecting the categories I want :

10.categoryMode = 1
10.categorySelection = 58,66,103,104

And this shows the same error.

Why the hell's that?

Why can't I give 'News' or '2008-2009' as the pid_list without getting an
error? There's news there! I also tried selecting just the root category and
that shows everything. I then added the ID's I don't want to see to
10.catExcludeList, but doing this causes the feed error mentioned above.

-----
--
Stephen Bungert