[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 with Maven2 setup

Yomo G yomo.diplur at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:50:20 CEST 2009

Hello list,
Has anyone tried to set up TYPO3 (4.2.x or later) with Maven 2 (2.1.0)?
Since TYPO3 is now using PHP5 which is OO, a solid OO-setup should be
possible with Maven2, a Maven repository manager (e.g. Nexus or
Artifactory), Subversion and a continuous integration tool (e.g. Hudson or
Cruise).

First stop is to setup TYPO3 with Maven2. So far my first attempt resulted
in a rough setup. My main problem is which Maven2 modules to create. So far
I came up with the following setup. Needless to say that I don't think this
is future-proof or the best TYPO3-Maven setup.

   - A module: typo3-core. This contains all the PHP files from the
   typo3_src (same as typo3) directory.
   - A module: typo3-lib. This contains all the PHP files from the t3lib
   directory.
   - A module: typo3-webapp. This contains the index.php file from
   typo3_src/index.php
   - An assembly descriptor that creates a .zip or .tar.gz file of your
   TYPO3 site that contains the exact layout as the dummy package (which you
   probably tailored to your site needs) and the TYPO3 source packge. By
   working with an assembly you make sure that the (3rd) party that is going to
   deploy your TYPO3 site is actually getting the directory layout they need.

My question is: does anyone have a suggestion for a better setup? Keep in
mind that I started this thread to come up with a solid setup for TYPO3
(from 4.2.x towards 5.0) with Maven2 that may be of use to the community.
That means that any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Best regards,

Yomo Guiamo