[TYPO3-english] mailform and powermail not sending mails

Celso Reeks typo3 at distopia.com
Sat Jun 13 06:09:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm having some trouble creating contact forms on my Typo3 setup.

Whenever I create a form for sending mail, whether it is using Typo3's
buil-in mailform or using extension Powermail, the forms render
perfectly on the page, but clicking the submit button either sends me
to the homepage or back to the same page I was on, with the addition
of all the form values appended to the URL.  No mail is sent.  It
seems like something is disabled, because I have also tried not
filling required inputs and I still get the same behaviors.  No errors
appear on the screen or in the logs.   Quite strange...

I have also done the test on the Install script.  Mailing there is
working fine.

Does anybody know a fix? First I thought it could be a problem on my
host (dreamhost.com), but I checked another Typo3 installation and
everything seems fine.  Or could it be something with the version I am
using?  The mail problem is happening on a Typo3 4.2.6 install, while
the successful mailing is on a Typo3 4.0.1 install.

It seems to me that the forms are not able to send/process the data
correctly.

This is my current configuration:

Typo3: 4.2.6
PHP: 5.2.6