[TYPO3-english] Bug in TMENU with HMENU special=directory?

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Jun 7 21:39:25 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Xavier Perseguers <typo3 at perseguers.ch>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 7. Juni 2009 20:42:22
An:         typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] Bug in TMENU with HMENU special=directory?
> Hi David,
>
> David Bruchmann wrote:
>> Hi Xavier,
>>
>> I've never had the idea to create a pagetree under sysfolders.
>> I saw this in some foreign installations and was a bit astonished about
>> that.
>> It's nice beeing able to create compatible Menus after your patch but
>> the sense of this combination still is not clear for me.
>
> A shortcut does not make any sense for me. I have a page tree with many
> websites under the world root.
>
> Now, I want some pages to be shared among websites (aka domains). For
> instance login page, impressum, help, contact, and other "intranet"
> pages with data only shown when logged in.
>
> What I do for these later is to create an "Intranet" mount page in each
> website whose target is the sysfolder containing my shared pages. Why
> would I create a a shortcut? I mean, perhaps it works, OK, but a
> sysfolder is a repository for some stuff and my stuff are pages in this
> case. Why would I use a shortcut page or even a standard page? Logically
> it does not make sense to me.

Hi Xavier,

I didn't propose the solution with the shortcut so don't fix me at this
point ;-) But you are free to use normal pages instead.

Normally I add Sysfolders as Storage for administrative elements. Even
if there are stored content-elements or users I have a special folder
where rights can be set either by elements or by directory.
Mixing up those folders with content-pages is an option and perhaps it
makes sense in some cases but this concept is new to me because I
strictly separated mentioned elements, in other words: sysfolders I use
for elements that are independent from pagetree, for content or viewable
pages that means it has to be included by other elements in active pagetree.

Best Regards
David