[TYPO3-english] Bug in TMENU with HMENU special=directory?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Jun 7 20:42:22 CEST 2009

Hi David,

David Bruchmann wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> I've never had the idea to create a pagetree under sysfolders.
> I saw this in some foreign installations and was a bit astonished about
> that.
> It's nice beeing able to create compatible Menus after your patch but
> the sense of this combination still is not clear for me.

A shortcut does not make any sense for me. I have a page tree with many
websites under the world root.

Now, I want some pages to be shared among websites (aka domains). For
instance login page, impressum, help, contact, and other "intranet"
pages with data only shown when logged in.

What I do for these later is to create an "Intranet" mount page in each
website whose target is the sysfolder containing my shared pages. Why
would I create a a shortcut? I mean, perhaps it works, OK, but a
sysfolder is a repository for some stuff and my stuff are pages in this
case. Why would I use a shortcut page or even a standard page? Logically
it does not make sense to me.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en