[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 10:22:33 CEST 2009

Hi

> What is shown on each page before the user follows the link to the
> 'dummy' page? From the information I have gathered by looking over
> this thread, it seems you are trying to replace every page in your
> page tree with a single page that has an extension in it, am I
> correct?

Not at all. As I've said, it's an extension where the user can place the
plugin for listing events on pages where they wish to have it.

> Could you not build the extension into your site template, so that it
> is called for every page by default? Then the frontend would take care
> of the menus for you and you no longer have a problem. Plus there
> wouldn't be the random 'dummy page' floating in your menu structure.
> The extension code could even be included conditionally based on the
> current position in the menu tree, say, or by the current logged in
> user, or if you need per-page control you could use the page TS.

No this is not the problem. Not only does the plugin  NOT go on every
page but it does not display on the page that has the listing - so the
menu would then change when one views the event.

The issue isn't a random page in the menu - it's trying to mimic the
menu of the previous page that the user was previously on, but placing
it in another part of the tree.

Basically it's wanting to remember the exact menu(s) from the previous
page - which could be anywhere in the site - and then displaying it on a
standalone page when teh viewer goes to this one page.

> Alternatively, could you define a new content type in a typo3
> extension that you can then add to each page? This is probably the
> less elegant of the two options, though, in all honesty, and would
> require you to write some php I believe.

I've solved this for now, in this instance, but I still think this
feature would be handy to have in the HMENU functionality. But it seems
that it's a difficult concept to explain so it's clear, and also for
others to realise.

Thanks for the help
Tyler