[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Jonathan Hartshorn jonaboff91 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 02:45:29 CEST 2009

Hi Tyler,

What is shown on each page before the user follows the link to the
'dummy' page? From the information I have gathered by looking over
this thread, it seems you are trying to replace every page in your
page tree with a single page that has an extension in it, am I
correct?

Could you not build the extension into your site template, so that it
is called for every page by default? Then the frontend would take care
of the menus for you and you no longer have a problem. Plus there
wouldn't be the random 'dummy page' floating in your menu structure.
The extension code could even be included conditionally based on the
current position in the menu tree, say, or by the current logged in
user, or if you need per-page control you could use the page TS.

Alternatively, could you define a new content type in a typo3
extension that you can then add to each page? This is probably the
less elegant of the two options, though, in all honesty, and would
require you to write some php I believe.

I may have missed the point, but the thought just came to me as I
scanned the thread.

--Jonathan