[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Walrick lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Tue Jul 21 09:09:37 CEST 2009

Tyler Kraft wrote:
> See they have hundreds of events, in multiple categories (which they can
> create for themselves), and they want to be able to list them all over
> the site as and where they want. So any page anywhere is in effect, or
> could be, the parent of the event.
>
> Something like mount pages won't work as they would have to have them
> everywhere! See the cunundrum - I basically need to be able to generate
> a menu for anywhere in the site, based solely upon a single page id
> within the rootline - but with out being able to predict the level or
> location of the page in the in the site.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier (for you anyway) to let them create a
separate page for single events for each instance of the plugin? A page
which can simply be put underneath the page where the event list comes?

Creating a page and adding the plugin in single mode, shouldn't be that
much work for the editors. You can also give them a kind of template
page for that which they should copy and paste into the listing page.
That way they probably only need to set the pid of the single page on
the plugin of the list page.
You should still be able to extract the events and categories from one
sysfolder.

Regards,

Walrick

--