[TYPO3-english] so called TYPO3-supporting providers

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Jul 6 14:43:21 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Rudy Gnodde <rgn at windinternet.nl>
Gesendet:   Montag, 6. Juli 2009 14:06:05
An:         typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] so called TYPO3-supporting providers
> Hello,
>
> A testing script would be very nice indeed.
>
> And I also agree a certificate for hosting providers would be a good
> thing, but only if it is done correctly. The problem, as pointed out by
> Ries, is that any test done for the certificate would be a snapshot. The
> situation can change at any time. So I think the only way to do this
> properly is to check periodically (once a year would be good), which
> means the certification would be a service which has to be paid each
> year. If a hoster doesn't pay they won't get tested and loose their
> certified status.
>
> The biggest problem with the hosting certificate I see is what to test.
> Is server security part of the test? Is general TYPO3 knowledge? Is
> their level of service? Or should they just have one or more servers
> that can run TYPO3 correctly and fully?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rudy

Hy Rudy,

concerning TYPO3 wec has a test-script, what could perhaps beeing
improved or extended.
concernig the servers many things could beeing testet by the script too
and for a certificat it should randomly loop over the whole year.
So Hardware, Performance and Software can be tested all the time.
Furthermore the failure- and the trafficrate of the servers should apply
to standard or better.

Best regards
David