[TYPO3-english] RTE.default.proc.remapParagraphTag = is completely ignored

Nicholas W 4407 at log1.net
Thu Jul 2 22:56:30 CEST 2009

Hi All,
 I am using Typo3 4.2.6 and as far as I can gather if I use
RTE.default.proc.remapParagraphTag = in the TSConfig of the page
containing an HTMLArea RTE, I should be able to turn off the mapping
between <p> and ascii CR as the content goes in and out of the
database. However, using this, I see no effect. The problem is I am
getting a lot of <p> inserted all over the place in the editor. I can
remove these in the final output with:

lib.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.nonWrappedTag >
lib.parseFunc_RTE >
lib.parseFunc_RTE < lib.parseFunc

but its a nuisance have the extra <p>s in the RTE too as the
formatting is messed up for the editor too.

Thanks a lot