[TYPO3-english] t3sec_saltedpw and felogin problems

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Feb 26 12:13:58 CET 2009

Peter Kraume wrote:
> I currently try to get t3sec_saltedpw (0.2.4) to work with felogin
> (TYPO3 4.2.6).
>
> When I add fe_users via list module in the backend the password is still
> stored as plaintext in the database. Same applies for editing of fe_user
> accounts.

This works here. Did you add
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['loginSecurityLevel'] = 'normal';
to localconf.php?

> Second question is, how I get the "lost password" feature of felogin to
> generate a new password and send that to the user instead of sending the
> encrypted version of the old password.
I just use Steffens (currently pending) patch [1] to send a reset-password-
link instead of directly sending new one.
I'm not sure, if it works with the old version of felogin, as t3sec_saltedpw
is quite new.

Steffen

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9885