[TYPO3-english] RealURL and domain "container"

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Tue Feb 24 18:05:54 CET 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 9:44 AM, Steffen Gebert wrote:

> La Farge Douglas wrote:
>> In viewing realurl_conf.php it doesn't appear there is much if any
>> customization in that file. There's an example of that file on the
>> wiki and it's the same.
> So it's no problem that you deleted this file.. good. You only need
> this if
> you want realurl for extensions (which do not add their realurl-config
> themselves).
>
>> So I guess the question is how do I get my system to generate the
>> auto
>> config file and how do I get the domain configs to generated into the
>> file.  It's not obvious to me reading the docs on how that is set up.
> It's in the extension manager. You can enable automatic
> configuration there
> (default in newer versions). This generates a file
> (realurl_autoconf.php)
> with a (usually) working config, if no manual config file is found
> (usually
> realurl_config.php, but this filename can be changed in ext mgr, too)

In the extension manager the automatic configuration generation
checkbox is checked.  The filed for the config file is also
populated.  I tried to removed the path and file name to the file and
then updated to see if the auto config file was generated but it was
not.

Now the strange thing I just noticed is the name of the file in the
config box is:
typo3conf/realurl_conf.php

however the name of the file in the file system is realurlconf.php.
in localconf.php the last directive uses this filename.

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling realurl?

> If you created domain records in the root pages of the three sites
> and then
> let realurl re-generate it's config, it should work for you.

got it!  of course.  Thanks.

doug