[TYPO3-english] RealURL and domain "container"

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Feb 24 17:44:43 CET 2009

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> In viewing realurl_conf.php it doesn't appear there is much if any
> customization in that file. There's an example of that file on the
> wiki and it's the same.
So it's no problem that you deleted this file.. good. You only need this if
you want realurl for extensions (which do not add their realurl-config
themselves).

> So I guess the question is how do I get my system to generate the auto
> config file and how do I get the domain configs to generated into the
> file.  It's not obvious to me reading the docs on how that is set up.
It's in the extension manager. You can enable automatic configuration there
(default in newer versions). This generates a file (realurl_autoconf.php)
with a (usually) working config, if no manual config file is found (usually
realurl_config.php, but this filename can be changed in ext mgr, too)

If you created domain records in the root pages of the three sites and then
let realurl re-generate it's config, it should work for you.

After changing domain records you have to delete the file to take the changes
into account.

Steffen