[TYPO3-english] RealURL and domain "container"

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Feb 25 08:50:23 CET 2009

Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> In the extension manager the automatic configuration generation checkbox
> is checked.  The filed for the config file is also populated.  I tried
> to removed the path and file name to the file and then updated to see if
> the auto config file was generated but it was not.

What does the description of this option say? Does it say that it is a autoconfiguration file? No. It clearly says that it is a file that YOU provide and then RealURL CAN include it. There is no even a word about autoconfiguration in this entry!

> Now the strange thing I just noticed is the name of the file in the
> config box is:
> typo3conf/realurl_conf.php
>
> however the name of the file in the file system is realurlconf.php.  in
> localconf.php the last directive uses this filename.
>
> Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling realurl?

No, you should read, think and understand that:
- autoconfiguration works only if the configuration is not set manually
- someone has set the configuration manually in the typo3conf/realurlconf.php, so automatic configuration will not be generated (see the point above why!)
- the description of the configuration file entry clearly says that the file will be included if you provided it. Did you provide typo3conf/realurl_conf.php? No. How do you eexpect it to be included if it does not exist?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team