[TYPO3-english] Fork of Typo3 ?

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Feb 23 20:05:09 CET 2009

Hello Xavier,

> Now try... ... ... Moss (I wrote it!) and perhaps you'll understand
> what huge hardware means even for really small install and reall low
> demand ;-)
>
> One contribution a day keeps the fork away

And of course you don't have all the "small" tools which help you to run
big sites with cheaper hardware.

But people with heavy load sites and not so heavy hardware should look at
Varnish, http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/. One publishing house in Norway
with 10 different sites are reducing the number of servers from 14 to 2.
Two of the largest newssites in Scandinavia, vg.no and aftonbladet.se (some
others too) are using this reverse proxy/webcache.

And of course it's open source.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no