[TYPO3-english] grayscale images (with colored mask) )for tt_content

Thomas Hirt info at thomas-hirt.at
Sun Feb 22 17:36:03 CET 2009

Sorry for crossposting, but I thought I might reach some more (different) people in the english speaking list.
I'll have to finish this project in the beginning of the next week and trying to find a solution for the following problem:

I am trying to transform standard tt_content images into grayscale images with a slight color overlay.
This was my approach:

tt_content.image.20.1.file >
tt_content.image.20.1.file = GIFBUILDER
tt_content.image.20.1.file {
       XY = [10.w],[10.h]
       10 = IMAGE
       10.file.import.current = 1
       10.file.width.field = imagewidth

      20 = EFFECT
     20.value = gray | gamma=2.0

     30 = IMAGE
       30.offset = 0,0
       30.file = {$path}bilder/overlay.png
      30.mask = {$path}bilder/mask.png
}

Works fine but after this setup the "click enlarge" functionality is not working anymore.
Does anybody knows how to make this work? I think the GIFBUILDER Object ist not working together with IMGTEXT Object.

Second Option:
There is a possibility of adding effects to images in the backend (rotate, grayscale, a.s.o.).
Is it possible to add new effects or modify the ones present?

Thanks in advance and greetings,
Thomas