[TYPO3-english] naw_securedl vs fb_filebase

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Feb 22 16:18:31 CET 2009

Hi,

> naw_securedl seems to be a bit more popular but the documentation says:
>
> ----
> The “naw Secure Download” extension (“naw_securedl”) changes this
> behavior: Files will now be accessed through a “secure.php” script that
> honors TYPO3 access rights.
> ----
>
> I could not find any further information of what means "honors TYPO3
> access rights"...

After testing it, it automatically relies on FE permissions set on pages
or content elements.

I tried to use a link to a file that is only shown while logged-in after
having logged me out and it gives me a "Access denied!" message. Not a
403 HTTP error code but anyway no access to the actual file.

I'll write a patch for the 403 error code.

I thus recommend extension naw_securedl when having my requirements.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en