[TYPO3-english] naw_securedl vs fb_filebase

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Feb 22 13:59:34 CET 2009

Hi,

I search an extension to secure the fileadmin/ directory and avoid
direct access to files in directory X or Y in fileadmin/.

It seems that two extensions may fit the bill, namely naw_securedl and
fb_filebase.

naw_securedl seems to be a bit more popular but the documentation says:

----
The “naw Secure Download” extension (“naw_securedl”) changes this
behavior: Files will now be accessed through a “secure.php” script that
honors TYPO3 access rights.
----

I could not find any further information of what means "honors TYPO3
access rights"...

What I need:

- Choose the set of directories to protect (I may write a dedicated
.htaccess in each corresponding directory)
- Restrict access to fe_groups
- Mapping directory/fe_groups configurable with TS
- Transparent for the editors => he links to a file from within RTE and
the link is automatically secured if needed

Any suggestion?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en