[TYPO3-english] TemplaVoila template not taking effect

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Feb 15 16:04:53 CET 2009

Hi Guindy,

> My problem is that whenever I view the website (root page) with the new template it always views the template and the content from the current website, moreover, when I try to add any content it appears hidden. I really don't know why the new temaplate is not taking an effect on the new page.

When you say that any new content you add is appearing hidden, you mean
that it is not shown at all?

If I understand your configuration correctly, you have this:

root
|-- current website
|   `-- current content
`-- new website
     `-- copy of current content + modifications that are not shown

Is this true?

How do you access your new website? With another URL ?

Did you add a domain record to your new website?

If using realurl, did you set rootpage_id to the "new website" page UID?

> And I also don't understand the relation between the TemplaVoila template and the TypoScript template record for the same site. Your help is highly appreciated.

There's nothing special. The TV template is stored in the page's record.
You do not need to specify anything about TV with TypoScript except that
your page should be processed with TemplaVoilà.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en