[TYPO3-english] TT_News Backend List Articles in Category

Louis Coppola lcoppola at ga-institute.com
Tue Dec 8 20:41:23 CET 2009

JoH asenau wrote:
>> Does anyone know a way to "list" tt_news articles on the backend of
>> typo3 by category.  I have a long list of tt_news articles on one
>> folder (pageid) and I would like to be able to list by category.
>>
>> I tried doing a list and searching by the category name, that does not
>> work because it does not search that field.
>
> Did you activate that field in the list module?
> You can make the list module show almost any field of a table.
> Just
> 1) click on the name of the table (in the grey bar at the top of it)
> 2) scroll down the list and activate the fields you want to see in the
> selectbox at the bottom
>
> Now you can click on the field name to sort the results by this field
>
> Another option would be the "Full Search" Feature of the "DB Check" Module,
> that you can find in your admin tools.
>
> Select the table "News" and the "select fields" you want to see in the
> result list and make sure the "Make query" section is using "Category" as a
> field.
> You will get "equals", "contains", "is in list", "binary AND equals",
> "binary OR equals" as operators and a list of available categories in a
> selectbox to manipulate the query.
>
> HTH
>
> Joey
>
> --
> Wenn man keine Ahnung hat: Einfach mal Fresse halten!
> (If you have no clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
> Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
> Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/bunnyfield
> TYPO3 cookbook (2nd edition): http://www.typo3experts.com

Thanks for the idea with the DB Check.  However it is not working for me
I have tried all of the different SQL functions and none of them result
in anything.  Could it have something to do with the categories being
saved in a seperate table called tt_news_cat_mm or somthing like that?
The category field in the tt_news category simply contains the number of
categories attached and then the category itself is stored in a related
table.