[TYPO3-english] TT_News Backend List Articles in Category

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Dec 8 19:26:59 CET 2009

> Does anyone know a way to "list" tt_news articles on the backend of
> typo3 by category.  I have a long list of tt_news articles on one
> folder (pageid) and I would like to be able to list by category.
>
> I tried doing a list and searching by the category name, that does not
> work because it does not search that field.

Did you activate that field in the list module?
You can make the list module show almost any field of a table.
Just
1) click on the name of the table (in the grey bar at the top of it)
2) scroll down the list and activate the fields you want to see in the
selectbox at the bottom

Now you can click on the field name to sort the results by this field

Another option would be the "Full Search" Feature of the "DB Check" Module,
that you can find in your admin tools.

Select the table "News" and the "select fields" you want to see in the
result list and make sure the "Make query" section is using "Category" as a
field.
You will get "equals", "contains", "is in list", "binary AND equals",
"binary OR equals" as operators and a list of available categories in a
selectbox to manipulate the query.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian