[TYPO3-english] TT_News Backend List Articles in Category

Louis Coppola lcoppola at ga-institute.com
Tue Dec 8 18:38:53 CET 2009

Typo3 Gurus,

Does anyone know a way to "list" tt_news articles on the backend of
typo3 by category.  I have a long list of tt_news articles on one folder
(pageid) and I would like to be able to list by category.

I tried doing a list and searching by the category name, that does not
work because it does not search that field.

It seems like there should be a way to do a list by tt_news category on
the backend for editing purposes, but i can not find one anywhere.
Obviously there is a way to list on the frontend using the "Lists"
option on the plugin and telling it to select only items with specific
categories.  Why is there not something similar on the backend?

Or am I completely missing something here?

Thanks,
Lou