[TYPO3] Generating unique links for Internal Page [t3-newbie]

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 22 21:00:45 CEST 2008

Hi!

maaboo wrote:
> Sorry.. i thought that i have the latest one. %-) But as i understand - it
> doesn't solve the problem - it just cuts a part of url.

Yes. But it will shorten the URL ;)

> I need to replace URL generated from news header to URL generated from page
> id. By default tt_news creates path like 'ochen-dlinnoe-nazvanie-novosti'.

Where are you from if it is not a big secret? ;)

> Is there section or option to change it?

Yes. By default news title is set to the URL. It helps to search engine optimization. However you can change it to number. I am not ready to provide the code now but you can try to find it yourself. Read the section in the manual about postVarSets. Now your configuration contains lookup table. You need to remove that completely and just keep the GETvar there.

> I mean - how to fill 'alias' it automatically? Manual managing may be
> so...tiresomely... Just want to concentrate on content creation.

The URL you got is good already. Users will not type it anyway (no one types URLs) but search engines will like it. Just leave them as is.

> Sure, i can help by donation if it's not implemented now, but small, because
> my project is non-commercial.

I do not think there is anything to implement here.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team