[TYPO3-english] TCAdefaults and TCEFORM... disabled=1

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Nov 24 16:26:25 CET 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey Krystian,
>
> I had the same problem some time ago, this is a limitation to TCEFORM,
> and thus not possible (as the field is just not rendered). We probably
> need a check in TCEForms when checking for the .disabled = 1 to see if
> there is a TCADefault on that field set, if so, render a hidden field.

Thanks for answering Banjamin

Your way to fix it is good but I was thinking about hidding reendered
field with style="display:none". Are there any drawback of this method?
The plus of such way is that it would hide fields that are rendered by
user such as categories in tt_news and cal extensions.

Actually I hope hidding with "display:none" would be possible - but I
havent dig into tce forms yet to test it :). I will try as soon as I get
some free time.

grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz