[TYPO3-english] RealURL and single page path

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:56:17 CET 2008

Hi!

Victor Livakovsky wrote:
> Yes, but let's imagine such situation:
> Customer has a page with only pagetitle filled - "pagetitle" and it will
> appear at every menu as mysite.com/pagetitle.html, also Google-bot will
> index it as pagetitle.html.
> But after some time customer fills RealURL path segment with "path", so
> page will apeear in all menues as mysite.com/path.html, but Google-bot
> also will find it and then it will get mysite.com/pagetitle.html and
> mysite.com/path.html both with 200 responce but the same content. That
> will cause a SEO problem and decrease pagerank in Google.

RealURL does not provide workarounds for this kind of human mistakes
and it will never do. If human did not think before building the
site, it is not RealURL fault. It is human's fault. RealURL has
certain "brain power". This brain power is a good compromise between
logic and speed. The logic covers technical human mistakes (such as
forgotten root page id or certain defaults) but it does not cover
logical mistakes. I am very sorry but humans are responsible for
logical mistakes, not RealURL.

Do proper planning from the beginning.

--
Dmitry Dulepov