[TYPO3-english] RealURL and single page path

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Tue Nov 11 17:40:13 CET 2008

>> Sorry, I really haven't said, that same page is accessible from two
>> different url's. That is the problem. Tomas is right.

> Any why it is the problem? The link on the site will be always only
> one, generated from the first available field.

Yes, but let's imagine such situation:
Customer has a page with only pagetitle filled - "pagetitle" and it will
appear at every menu as mysite.com/pagetitle.html, also Google-bot will
index it as pagetitle.html.
But after some time customer fills RealURL path segment with "path", so
page will apeear in all menues as mysite.com/path.html, but Google-bot
also will find it and then it will get mysite.com/pagetitle.html and
mysite.com/path.html both with 200 responce but the same content. That
will cause a SEO problem and decrease pagerank in Google.