[TYPO3] Templavoila image field fixed w+h - input true-colour JPEG, output 64-color PNG?!?

Andrew Plank plankmeister at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 09:32:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm using TV, and have an "Image field, fixed w+h" defined in my
template. The images I'm using in this field on all the pages are normal
true-colour JPEGs. However, the output in the browser is a PNG file. Not
only a PNG file, but one that only contains a palette of 64 colours!?!?!

Anyone have any idea what causes this?

In the DS for the template, the TS for the Image field looks like this:

10 = IMAGE
10.file = GIFBUILDER
10.file {
	XY = 1000,350
	backColor = #000000
	10 = IMAGE
	10.file.import = uploads/tx_templavoila/
	10.file.import.current = 1
	10.file.import.listNum = 0
	10.file.maxW = 1000
	10.file.minW = 1000
	10.file.maxH = 350
	10.file.minH = 350
}

And as far as I can see, there's nothing there that should cause this
effect. What am I missing?!

Regards,

//Plankmeister