[TYPO3] Using T3 language feature to deliver different contents

Michael Niemann xml.transformator at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 10:41:14 CEST 2008

Hi Rudy,

my example wasn't exactly what I'm about to implement. The groups aren't actually FE usergroups but simply a value in the session of anonymous users.
E.g. you visit a site and you can fill out a form. According to your input a certain value is set in the session assigning you to a category.

Depending on your category you get the content matching the category.
The language feature would play nice as it has fallbacks etc.

Is it possible to have a FE user group for every category and assign this FE group to the anonymous user's session?

In that case I would indeed not need to use the language.

Regards
Michael

Rudy Gnodde <rgn at windinternet.nl> wrote: Hello Michael,

Why don't you just access restrict the content element for the
usergroups? So you'll have 10 different content elements on a page, each
one accessible by a different usergroup.

Regards,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet
http://www.windinternet.nl