[TYPO3] Real url error

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 17 17:52:06 CET 2008

ries van Twisk wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Michiel Roos wrote:
>
>> Dear Ries,
>>
>> Please don't put on more fuel . . . point taken . . .
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>

>> Michiel Roos
>>

> Well,
>
> I do take the point... but keep on saying to everybody that there is a
> space in a wording (RealURL vs Real URL, Typo3 vs TYPO3 vs TYPO vs typo)
> and that something is not capitalized is way to picky IMHO (while some
> of the manuals are wrongly quoted)

Haven't I explained why I did it in this particular case? If you did not read it, I will repeat: spelling "Real Url" in this exact case means that error comes from a third-party extension. This is diagnostic! Is it too difficult to understand??? I do not believe it...

As Typo3 vs typo3 vs TYPO3, please, go and read the TYPO3 name usage guide if you still have not done that. Name is a name and corropting a name only says that person has no respect. Imagine an american, corrupting name on JFK.

If you do not understand this, it does not mean that other do not too. I can only be [very] sorry. And I am not going to feel bad about being picky about name. This is my final word on the subject.

> If we keep doing that, then the TYPO3 community sounds and looks hostile
> to these
> who read the mailing-list archive. Whole in fact we are friendly, and I
> like to keep it that way.

Mailing lists are not supposed to be friendly. They are supposed to be helpful. And I tried to be helpful by providing diagnostics for the problem. Your message on other hand is complete offtopic in this thread. Nothing to do with helping community.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team