[TYPO3] Ratings - Highest rated list

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 10 11:57:21 CET 2008

Hi!

Morten Kjems wrote:
> It's is a great and easy to use extension. However there is one feature
> that I would really like to see in the future. A "highest rated list".
>
> Now you can rate individual pages but there is no way to present pages
> in a list based on ratings.
>
> How about a feature that makes it possible to sort news by ratings. So
> listview in tt_news could be sorted not by date but by ratings.

I think it is possible... Needs small modifications in tt_news (new hook) + some code in ratings but no big problems.

> Also I would love to see this work with both news type "news" and "link
> internal page". I am using only "link internal page" since my content is
> to complex to be presented as normal news.

I guess "link internal page" makes rating for a page, not for news item? This may be more complex.

> How about it Dmitry?
>
> I could sponsor some of this work, but I am not sitting on a pile of money.

Let's see, may be other people also have ideas. Let's collect them in this thread and see what I can do. I will not ask for a million :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team