[TYPO3] Ratings - Highest rated list

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:54:27 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry.

Sounds great that you will give it a go.

> I think it is possible... Needs small modifications in tt_news (new
> hook) + some code in ratings but no big problems.

Great!

> I guess "link internal page" makes rating for a page, not for news item?
> This may be more complex.

This an old problem I guess. tt_news is great for organizing and
presenting information but lacks complex options for content. Pages are
great for presenting complex content but lacks a the the features of
tt_news...

It is not the first time that I am trapped in this dilemma, news vs.
pages...

However it is crucial for my project that the highest rated list works
with "link internal page" since I cant present my content as normal news
items. I hope that it can be solved somehow.

> Let's see, may be other people also have ideas. Let's collect them in
> this thread and see what I can do. I will not ask for a million :)

Sounds like a plan. I appreciate your effort.

Thanks
/Morten