[TYPO3] tt_news searchPid

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Mar 4 11:56:11 CET 2008

Hi!

Andrew Cywan wrote:
> "searPid"
> Page id where searchresults are displayed.
> If you want all news searches to go to a specific page, enter the PID here!
>
> " NOTE: If you set this PID, all searchqueries will (must) be handled
> with a list
> content element with the code "SEARCH" on that page."
>
> - With the CODE SEARCH ON THAT PAGE: for this I have written
>
> plugin.tt_news.code >
> plugin.tt_news.code = SEARCH

There is no need for the first statement because second overrides it. It is like painting first green, next red. No one will see green.

> in the page TSconfig of the page properties where the list element is.
> However I still get the complete list of news as result.

This is not page TSConfig. Page TSConfig is for completely different purpose, do not confuse it with TS setup! You should insert tt_news as plugin on that page and select SEARCH inside configuration of that particular plugin instance.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team