[TYPO3] realurl installation not working

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jan 18 06:08:59 CET 2008

Hi!

BMolayi at datacolor.com wrote:
> 3- Added the following to the bottom of my /typo3conf/localconf.php
> file:

This is not necessary any more. Realurl comes with autoconfiguration, it could generate optimal configuration for you.

> 4- In fact, all I am trying to do for the moment, is to get realurl to
> work in its simplest form. So, with the above localconf.php, I expect
> the following to happen: If I type this address:
> http://www.my_site_url.com/123/    or the following address:
> http://www.my_site_url.com/123/page.html in one of the 2 cases (I think
> the second case) it should return the page at:
> http://www.my_site_url.com/index.php?id=123 . In fact, I am getting a
> 404 - page not found error.
>

> I would appreciate if somebody could guide me in the right direction.

Firsts, check if realurl generates links. Put a sitemap element on the home page and see what URLs you get. If you get /index.php?id=123, then realurl is not working. If you get /123/, it is working at least partially.

Assuming that it is works, check if rewriting works correctly. Check what is the value of AllowOverride in web server configuration file for the directory of your site. If you cannot find value, set it to "All" (without quotes). If it is set incorrectly, rewrite directives will be silently ignored and you will get 404. Restart web server and see if you still get 404. If yes, activate rewrite log for this site using RewriteLog directive in virtual host configuration (this directive does not work from .htaccess). Set debugging level to maximum. Click on the realurl-ed link and check rewrite logs. What do they show?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team