[TYPO3] realurl installation not working

BMolayi at datacolor.com BMolayi at datacolor.com
Fri Jan 18 00:31:10 CET 2008

I have a Typo3 (V4.1.2) using TemplaVoila templating, on a Linux server.

Installation directory: /t3dev/www/html/ (here I have the usual folders:
typo3conf, typo3temp, and simlinks to typo3, t3lib, typo3source )

I followed the extension manual:

1- Put .htaccess file with the following content under:
/t3dev/www/html/:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]

RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

RewriteRule .* index.php

2- Added the following to the Setup field of my Home page (root)
template:

config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0

config.baseURL = http://www.my_site_url.com/  (where my_site_url is my
website's domain name)

config.tx_realurl_enable = 1

config.uniqueLinkVars = 1

config.linkVars = L

3- Added the following to the bottom of my /typo3conf/localconf.php
file:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(

     'preVars' => array(

         array(

             'GETvar' => 'L',

             'valueMap' => array(

                 'dk' => '1',

             ),

             'noMatch' => 'bypass',

         ),

     ),

     'fileName' => array (

         'index' => array(

             'page.html' => array(

                 'keyValues' => array (

                     'type' => 1,

                 )

             ),

             '_DEFAULT' => array(

                 'keyValues' => array(

                 )

             ),

         ),

     ),

             'pagePath' => array (

                         'rootpage_id' => 1,

             ),

     'postVarSets' => array(

         '_DEFAULT' => array (

             'news' => array(

                 array(

                     'GETvar' => 'tx_mininews[mode]',

                     'valueMap' => array(

                         'list' => 1,

                         'details' => 2,

                     )

                 ),

                 array(

                     'GETvar' => 'tx_mininews[showUid]',

                 ),

             ),

         ),

     ),

 );

4- In fact, all I am trying to do for the moment, is to get realurl to
work in its simplest form. So, with the above localconf.php, I expect
the following to happen: If I type this address:
http://www.my_site_url.com/123/    or the following address:
http://www.my_site_url.com/123/page.html in one of the 2 cases (I think
the second case) it should return the page at:
http://www.my_site_url.com/index.php?id=123 . In fact, I am getting a
404 - page not found error.

I would appreciate if somebody could guide me in the right direction.

Bijan Molayi

Corporate Webmaster

Datacolor

5 Princess Road

Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Phone: +1 609-924-2189-X7202

Email: bmolayi at datacolor.com

Skype: bijan_m1

www.datacolor.com

The e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.