[TYPO3] RTE configuration explanations

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Feb 7 23:04:38 CET 2008

I found the explanations,

> For a few sites, I found I had to add not only pageTS but TemplateTS with something like this:
>
> lib.parseFunc.denyTags >
> lib.parseFunc.allowTags = a,b,br,p,div,...
> lib.parseFunc_RTE.denyTags >
> lib.parseFunc_RTE.allowTags < lib.parseFunc.allowTags
>
> Is this mandatory? Where may I find a complete working example with a pageTS allowing all common tags including abbr, acronym, q, code and tt but removing center tags for instance, and u tags. Do I have to write something in the TemplateTS or is it sufficiant to write the pageTS?

This is needed as those definition are used when reading the content
from the database to be shown in FE, while the definition in pageTS are
used in BE, when saving content from RTE to DB or reading from DB to
display in RTE.

In order to display the address tag in FE without getting it wrapped in
a p tag, you need to add this to your template TS:

# Important to prevent those tags being wrapped in p tags
lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks = ol,ul,table,address

# We still want address tags being parsed to enable links
lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.address {
    stripNL = 1
    stdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc
}

--
Xavier who thinks it might be useful for other people as this is a
recurring question that is never really answered