[TYPO3] rollover / hover effect on images in tt_news

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 17:04:58 CET 2008

Hi.

I have a video site and I am using tt_news to organize my videos.

I would like to create a hover effect on the images that are shown in
list view. When the mouse is hovered over an image I would like a
transparent "play" symbol to be shown on top of the normal image.

I have not worked with this before so all suggestions will be most
appreciated.

I have identified this piece of TS in the news setup as responsible for
how images are displayed in list view.

Is it possible to achieve the mentioned effect by adding to this code?

   	displayList.image {
     	file.maxW = 120
     	file.maxH = 70
}