[TYPO3] RTE configuration explanations

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Feb 7 14:47:23 CET 2008

Hi,

First of all I know that this post might be overdiscuted but I could not find anything useful in the archive. I googled a lot but could not find any single complete explanation on the RTE configuration. The documentation does not help much more either.

Everytime I create a website, I'm driving crazy with the rtehtmlarea configuration files in order to get the tags that I want to appear being used.

If I read http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/rtehtmlarea/1.4.4/view/5/1/, I see that the address tag should be allowed, first, and also allowed _outside_ p tags. Bug if I copy paste the code, I get &lt;address&gt; tag wrapped in a p tag.

Another strange thing is that if I copy-paste in html mode the content of my test file http://test.perseguers.ch/fileadmin/test.txt, it removes the <center> tag as wished, but keeps the corresponding closing tag, namely </center>, and this is the configuration found in the official documentation! :-/

For a few sites, I found I had to add not only pageTS but TemplateTS with something like this:

lib.parseFunc.denyTags >
lib.parseFunc.allowTags = a,b,br,p,div,...
lib.parseFunc_RTE.denyTags >
lib.parseFunc_RTE.allowTags < lib.parseFunc.allowTags

Is this mandatory? Where may I find a complete working example with a pageTS allowing all common tags including abbr, acronym, q, code and tt but removing center tags for instance, and u tags. Do I have to write something in the TemplateTS or is it sufficiant to write the pageTS?

I do have one that is working on one of my website, but I have to manage more than once the list of allowed tags (once in pageTS, the other in TemplateTS) and it sounds strange to me...

I'm doing all those tests on a test website with an "empty" html template file and following templateTS:

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0

page.10 = TEMPLATE
page.10.template = FILE
page.10.template.file = fileadmin/template.html
page.10 {
workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT
    marks.CONTENT < styles.content.get
}

I do not have anything else but the out-of-the-box Typo3 installation.

Thanks for the pointers
Xavier