[TYPO3-english] typo3 ext mnogoSearch don't work. What is wrong?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 11 21:48:25 CET 2008


Sergey V. wrote:
> I installed the mnogoSearch typo3 extension.

Please, check that you have latest version (2.1.5).

> I did everything as in manual.
> 1. mnogoSearch search engine an php ext installed
> 2. DB created
> 3. mnogoSearch typo3 ext installed (utf-8, DB path, passwords correct) and 
> configuration record created

Make sure that web site paths in configuration records end with slash. For example, http://example.com/ is correct while http://example.com is not.

Check that database URL in the extension configuration has slash after the database name. For example, this is correct:
This will not work:

> 4. manually created index with -w -n options as in manual. Index was 
> created, I checked it directly in DB
> 5. In backend put mnogoSearch plugin on page. Configured it (long form, 
> result). Static template included.

Make sure you have nothing in "Limit search results to:".

> On page search form I entered data but it show "no results".
> I checked for russian and english words but everytime the search showed "no 
> results" (thought because of russian and utf-8)

No problem with russian if you configured everything correctly.

To troubleshoot the problem, clear the index first. To clear the index go to your web site root directory in shell and execute:

php typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh mnogosearch -x -Cw

Next run indexer again with verbose option:

php typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh mnogosearch -v 3

Now you should see what URLs are being indexed. Indexing process should end with statistics about words and kilobytes of data. Check that they are not zero.

It should work if everything is ok.

Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team
In the blog: http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/zend_debugger_goes_64_bit_on_mac_os_x/
My TYPO3 book: http://www.packtpub.com/typo3-extension-development/book

More information about the TYPO3-english mailing list