[TYPO3] Indentation problem in typo3 4.2.1

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:19:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

On 27-Aug-08, at 4:09 PM, Walrick Bosch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As far as I can tell everything is ok. The class is only defined once.
> The problem seems to be that within the <p class="indent"> tags there
> are <h3> tags. So it's something like:
>
> If I remove the heading style, it works fine. But I would like to be
> able to indent tags with a heading as well. (And I think that should
> be
> possible. It was with the old blockquote format, and editors will
> expect
> it to work I guess.

Well, you can't expect CSS to work properly when your HTML is
completely wrong as in the sample above. I haven't used the new RTE
features in 4.2 much, but in prior versions it was always possible to
apply a class directly to a given element such as ul or p without
wrapping it in any other tags (depending, if I remember right, on how
you selected the text).

The desired markup for the case above is something like <h3
class="indent">Lorem ipsum dolor sit</h3>. Try to see if you can
achieve that by e.g. placing the cursor in the text to be indented
rather than selecting the entire text. If this can't be achieved, I'd
be inclined to regard this as a small bug.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/