[TYPO3] Columns titles encoding

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Sun Aug 24 19:40:33 CEST 2008

Hello Goblin,

> Hm... But as I understood, these labels are taken not from DB, but
> from typo3conf/l10n/ru/cms/ru.locallang_ttc.xml and
> typo3conf/l10n/ru/lang/ru.locallang_general.xml

sorry, I think you're right. I was irritated as it works on a different server
and I thought it was a server problem. At first make sure, you save your
translated fieles utf-8 decoded. You can do it with your text-editor pspad,
ultraedit or sim.

> So it shoildn't be a DB problem (yes, it's windows-1251, but the rest
> of labels displays correctly and at the second server DB encoding is latin-1
> and non-latin column labels are also displaying correctly).

but if you're working with utf8, you should also convert your DBs to utf8, also
it has nothing to do with this actual problem. Please google for it, it's not
difficult, but don't do it on your own.

Andreas