[TYPO3] Columns titles encoding

Fearless Goblin v-tyok at mail.ru
Sun Aug 24 19:07:38 CEST 2008

Hello Andreas,

> if you set next line in your install tool, you don't need metaCharset and
> renderCharset, take a look in the TSref
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8';

Thank you for advice :)

>> And the most strange thing, that the same TYPO installation (TYPO3 4.2.1) with same configuration, but at another server correctly displays non-latin characters in column headers labels. May it be server configuration problem?

> perhaps your DB collation is not utf8_unicode_ci

Hm... But as I understood, these labels are taken not from DB, but
from typo3conf/l10n/ru/cms/ru.locallang_ttc.xml and
typo3conf/l10n/ru/lang/ru.locallang_general.xml

So it shoildn't be a DB problem (yes, it's windows-1251, but the rest
of labels displays correctly and at the second server DB encoding is latin-1
and non-latin column labels are also displaying correctly).