[TYPO3] Best way to let a visitor or FE user create a page

Sacha Vorbeck Vorbeck at moduleBox.com
Fri Aug 15 13:14:29 CEST 2008

Hello Xavier,

> With only a record in pages table, you won't be able to get something
> useful I think. What about the content itself?

on this site, there is no need for content elements as the whole site
contains only short-stories with one picture and a short text.
Everything is displayed with a single page layout. The sitemap and
overview pages are created with TS-menu objects. So I don`t need
tt_content here, the fields of the pages table are sufficient (e. g. the
text is entered into the abstract field, which I turned into a RTE field).

> What should they be able to do? Administer a website without even
> logging to the BE? Or use the website as a blogging tool? If so, then
> install tt_news, comments, and other useful extensions...

Yes, tt_news might be an option as there is a front-end news submitter
extension. Basically the visitors should be able to add their
own-short-stories. But I`d prefer to use pages as it is much easier for
the editors to just work with one kind of content container and create a
selection of different overview pages just by selecting the right
template with the template selector. It`s very comfortable and easy to
learn.

> IMHO The scenario is not clear enough I think to understand whether you
> should create some FE plugin to create your pages or if you definitively
> should propose your users to buy a good book or read a documentation
> about TYPO3's BE.

I hope the additional info in this mail explains the scenario better
now. Creating a website based on user generated content and then telling
the users that they have to buy a book in order to contribute doesn`t
sound like a perfect business idea.

--
thanks for your input - all the best,
Sacha