[TYPO3] Best way to let a visitor or FE user create a page

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Aug 15 12:14:31 CEST 2008

Hi Sacha,

> I`m in need of inspiration/ideas. I`d like to create a site that allows
> visitors to create a new page. Only a record in the pages table, nothing
> else. One way would be to create a frontend-plugin that renders a form

With only a record in pages table, you won't be able to get something
useful I think. What about the content itself?

> and creates the page record with the submitted data. But on the other
> hand we already have everything that is needed in the Backend: functions
> to check for valid input, definition of input fields etc. It doesn`t
> seem very efficient to me to re-code all that stuff for a frontend-form.
>
> So is there a way to use the BE-stuff in the frontend? I think there are
> already extensions that allow FE-Users to log into the BE but I think
> the BE is too complex even if you remove everything that is not needed.

What should they be able to do? Administer a website without even
logging to the BE? Or use the website as a blogging tool? If so, then
install tt_news, comments, and other useful extensions...

> So the best way would be a user-friendly form embedded in the normal
> website. I don`t think front-end editing is user-friendly enough.
>
> I`m looking forward to your suggestions and ideas.

IMHO The scenario is not clear enough I think to understand whether you
should create some FE plugin to create your pages or if you definitively
should propose your users to buy a good book or read a documentation
about TYPO3's BE.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html