[TYPO3] Best way to let a visitor or FE user create a page

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:09:36 CEST 2008

on Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:14:29 +0200, Sacha Vorbeck wrote:

> Hello Xavier,
>
>> With only a record in pages table, you won't be able to get something
>> useful I think. What about the content itself?
>
> on this site, there is no need for content elements as the whole site
> contains only short-stories with one picture and a short text.
> Everything is displayed with a single page layout. The sitemap and
> overview pages are created with TS-menu objects. So I don`t need
> tt_content here, the fields of the pages table are sufficient (e. g. the
> text is entered into the abstract field, which I turned into a RTE
> field).

seems sufficient as long as the author doesn't need to edit a page
entered before.
this might be done with BE-FE-Login and FE-Edit (just for creating new
pages with all fields)

If you want to enable the author to edit his story you need more control.
you need to know which FE(!)-user had created the page. this is possible
only with a 1:1 assignment from FE- to BE-User, which needs manual
creation.
A clean FE-User-assignment would enable a selfregistration for new
authors.
it might be easier to manage if you have records of your own table. that
is nearly the same as tt_news-records

bernd