[TYPO3] Query data string data still available?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 21:09:52 CEST 2008

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the tip.  It was so close but it ends up that the query
> string var I'm looking for is not (yet?) known to Apache.
>
> Here's what I get:
>
> With the non-RealURL string:
> http://[snip]/content/index.php?id=1383
> print_r($_SERVER);
> [argv] => Array
>          (
>              [0] => id=1383
>          )
>
>      [argc] => 1
> )
>

> RealURL string:
> http://[snip]/content/videos/amr/faster-fashion-greater-distances/
> print_r($_SERVER); yields:
> [argv] => Array
>          (
>          )
>
>      [argc] => 0
> )
> the pid isn't in this array.
>
> It seems to make sense as first apache fulfills the response and then
> hands it of to T3 (which is where RealURL kicks in and does it's
> reverse translation?). It must(?) be in the RealURL data somewhere?
>
> I'll keep trying...

Err…It doesn't make a lot of sense to try to use $_SERVER directly, you
want one of the items it contains, such as $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] etc.
For this case, it's also possible that $_REQUEST [1] is what you need,
but be sure to see the user comments on the page.

In any case, the request *must* be known to Apache since Apache knows
nothing at all about TYPO3. Your rewrite rules in the .htaccess (or
httpd.conf) file simply redirect the request to index.php which then
*uses* that request to deliver the appropriate content.

[1] http://php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.request.php

Christopher Torgalson / bedlamhotel at gmail.com