[TYPO3] Query data string data still available?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Aug 8 10:16:21 CEST 2008

Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.  It was so close but it ends up that the query
> string var I'm looking for is not (yet?) known to Apache.

It will never be known to Apache, only to PHP.

> Here's what I get:
>
> With the non-RealURL string:
> http://[snip]/content/index.php?id=1383
> print_r($_SERVER);
> [argv] => Array
>         (
>             [0] => id=1383
>         )
>
>     [argc] => 1
> )
>

> RealURL string:
> http://[snip]/content/videos/amr/faster-fashion-greater-distances/
> print_r($_SERVER); yields:
> [argv] => Array
>         (
>         )
>
>     [argc] => 0
> )
> the pid isn't in this array.
>
> It seems to make sense as first apache fulfills the response and then
> hands it of to T3 (which is where RealURL kicks in and does it's reverse
> translation?). It must(?) be in the RealURL data somewhere?

It means that you call your script before RealURL processing. You should call it as a part of PAGE object:

includeLibs.myscript = fileadmin/user_myscript.php
page.1000 = USER
page.1000.userFunc = user_myscript

There you will have query string as $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team